As a dynamic Group, we focus on the following key core work initiatives to drive our sustainability practices within our business operations.
- Employee Engagement
- Training & Career Development
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Public & Customer Safety
Health, Safety & Environment
Our Construction Division operates a Safety and Health management system conforming to ISO 18001:2007 for all our construction services in building and civil engineering works.
- All staff and workers employed are fully compliant to the CIDB Green Card requirement
- GSSB provides training to staff and workers:
- In-house safety & health related courses
- Safety & Health induction
- Basic Occupational first aid, CPR & AED Training
- Heavy Lifting Training & Refreshment Course
- Work at Height Training & Refreshment course
- OHSAS awareness Training
- Safety & Health Safety Day Programme
- Rewards & Recognition Programme for Safety Compliance to Workers
- Grand Tool Box Meeting for Staff & Workers
- External courses
- NIOSH Safety Passport Course
- KTMB 038 Track Safety
- Scaffolding Training for Level 1& 2
- Managing Safety & Health in Construction Sector
- OSH Sustainability Approach for Construction Industry
Loss Time Injury (LTI)
During the financial year the following safety record was achieved against the previous 2 financial years as follows :-
|Injury Rate (Total Injury / Total Staff)
|Lost Days Injury
|Report Unsafe Condition
As of December 2017, Pusat Pentadbiran Sultan Ahmad Shah and Sungai Besi Ulu Kelang Elevated Highway projects have achieved passed 500,000 man hour without lost time injury.
Beyond building sustainability in our projects and our organisation, we believe in providing opportunities to engage our surrounding communities. To support our government initiative, Skim Latihan 1 Malaysia (SL1M), we have recruited over 50 employees under this programme in December 2017. These employees were placed under various departments to undergo training before they are considered for a permanent position within the organisation.
Charity and Community
This year, we organised a Jamuan Raya for the several orphanage listed under Senarai Pusat Kebajikan dan Yayasan as our act of good cheer during the Hari Raya festive period. The orphanage were:
- Pusat Jagaan Cahaya Kasih Bestari
- Pusat Jagaan Kasih Harapan
- Yayasan Anak-Anak Yatim Wardatul Jannah
Besides hosting a sumptuous meal, cash donations as well as hampers were presented to the representatives from these orphanage.
Besides the above event, GBG continues to give donations to various charitable causes, especially in support of the underprivileged and places of worship.
The development of our employees, retention of knowledge through internal succession and investing in technology driven working environment are major key success factors for the Group. We want our employees to be healthy and happy at work.
At the same time, the changing market landscape requires a different way of working and thinking in terms of addressing the customers’ needs. As a result, our employees feel a sense of accountability and responsibility for their own work and are motivated to innovate and modernise for better performance outcome.
More human capital investment on training during the year:-
- to translate the training requirements into high-quality programmes,
- to disseminate knowledge and to generate new technical skillsets and insights, and
- to connect operating companies through actively working on creating an internal network to prepare our employees for the increasingly complex and knowledge-intensive marketplace.